Last Updated on June 26, 2023 by Diana
Who doesn’t want to get more traffic and sales to boost their Instagram online business? Best hashtags for likes and follows are a powerful tool that unlocks discovery and keyword-search capability. Ready to level up your account growth?
With us, you’ll get all important Instagram hashtags information, like-
- Importance of hashtags,
- Industry-friendly hashtag suggestion,
- 5 best hashtag generators,
- Apps that increase your followers & likes organically, and so on.
The Importance of Hashtags on Instagram
Instagram is a famous platform with lots of users – marketers, brands, influencers, and so on. If you want to grab the attention of your target audience, boost more sales, and reach the most effective hack is using the “right” hashtags.
Curious to explore hashtag importance so that you can utilize it perfectly? Check out the section now!
A. How hashtags increase visibility and discoverability
Visibility and branding are the key things that help you to achieve your business success. Hashtags mainly give access to IG users and categorize your content among others. Also, it’s a great way to increase engagement because of its –
- Clickable feature,
- Show in relevant feed,
- Followers follow you who use similar hashtags,
- Increase IG SEO.
B. The role of hashtags in building engagement and community
Hashtags are one of the most useful factors which can be used for community-building, sourcing user-generated content (UGC), running campaigns, etc. It is the heart of the Instagram algorithm because the right ones have the power to enrich your followers.
Also, it offers several advantages, including –
- You can promote your product by hosting an event and offering discounts by using relevant hashtags that attract new IG users.
- Geographical or local tags build trust in the local community.
- Branded hashtags grab the attention of brand ambassadors or influencers to your account.
Identifying the Best Hashtags for Your Niche
A. Researching niche-specific hashtags
The most asked question among IG users is: how many hashtags should you use to enrich your business or service? Or, how to find out relevant hashtags? Whatever the number is, you need to pay attention to relevancy to your content, audience, or business. And to find one, you need to –
- Check out Explore page: Tap on a hashtag and notice the search result page in the IG Explore tab. After that, you will find out relevant hashtags lists.
- Focus on brands that use similar hashtags: One of the best and most valuable ways is looking at successful brands with similar content, targets, and products.
- Use third-party tools or generators: AI tools help you to generate niche-friendly hashtags and you can sort them as per your niche relevance.
B. Analyzing competitor hashtag strategies
As a new marketer or creator, looking at competitors’ posts and hashtags help you fulfill your marketing goal. Also, you can build your own Instagram strategy foundation.
Let’s take a closer look at some hacks on how can you analyze your niche competitor more effectively.
- Focus on those who actively use IG for promoting their brand/business.
- Using IG search, you can found out accounts on similar business mindsets.
- After shortlisting, analyze competitors’ performance (followers, content reach, engagement, and hashtags).
- Create your own data on which competitors you follow.
C. Using hashtag tools and generators
Want to supercharge your Instagram e-commerce business with AI hashtag generators and tools? Check out some below:
Best 5 Instagram hashtag generators
From trending hashtags suggestions to profile analysis, all you get in this hashtag generator tool. Instagram and TikTok marketers love this tool for its smart search algorithm. However, you can create, save, and curate hashtags based on difficulty score and grow your reach organically.
- Research & create hashtag campaigns,
- Provide popular hashtags per niche,
- Analyze & track your IG profile (audience demographics, fraud detection, and brand affinity).
- Provide hashtag difficulty,
- Video tutorial library.
Another popular hashtag-focused tool is All Hashtag which can generate Instagram, Twitter, Google Plus, and Facebook hashtags. You can filter hashtags into Top, Live, Random, and Similar categories. If you use any low-performing hashtags, the tool reports on them.
- Top hashtag suggestion based on your niche or keywords (food, animals, art, restaurant, etc.).
- Help you to create your own.
- Considering your marketing strategy it analyzes hashtag reach.
- Provide up to 30 hashtags at a time and suggest relevant ones.
- Suggest live hashtags that are used by people.
You can boost your IG visibility by using this tool’s suggested hashtags. It not only gives popular hashtags but also removes banned ones. When you use this app, you notice a unique feature “colorful hashtag graph” and a granular view (country, city, and other demographics) in a visual format.
- Profile analyzer, hashtag search, and popular hashtag suggestion.
- Relevance and popularity score based on your keywords.
- Visual presentation of hashtags.
- In-depth analytics based on your audience demographics.
The tool is known for its growth-hacking capabilities and top hashtag suggestion. It has a formidable hashtag generator only for Instagram users. Kisksta AI-powered technology helps agencies, marketers, brands, and others boost sales.
- No bots, no fake hashtags, and spam.
- Hashtag filter suggestions (top, best match, and random),
- Provide hashtags by considering account, location, niche, and other factors.
- The Analytics dashboard is available.
The tool is a part of RiteKit’s social media toolkit and you can use it for images and post hashtag suggestions on desktop or mobile. Based on real-time engagement, it offers top-rated hashtag lists. However, you label hashtags for better tracking and organization.
- Instant hashtag suggestions,
- Hashtag suggestion for posts text and images.
- Real-time hashtag analytics,
- Integrate function with other social media management tools.
Best Hashtags for Likes and Follows: Top Examples
A. General popular hashtags for likes and follows
Do you want to promote your business like others with the best hashtags for likes and follows? Below we’ve listed Instagram experts suggested most demanding Instagram hashtags!
B. Niche-specific examples of effective hashtags
Before using or selecting Instagram hashtags, you need to consider different factors, like your service/business market goal, audience likings, trends, and so on. Here we’ve listed the best Instagram hashtags per industry or event to boost your hashtag strategy.
1. Best fashion hashtags
Want to be a fashion influencer or plan to start your business in this niche? Here are the most popular Instagram hashtags that help you to be noticed on the platform.
2. Best food and beverage hashtags
There are lots of food bloggers and foodies who love to promote different places’ unique dishes or promote their own. Check out the most used and popular hashtags on this niche topic!
- #foodies, and so on.
Note: If you want to add another that interest your audience the most, feel free to try it.
3. Best travel hashtags
Are you an adventure freak? Scroll down to explore different travel influencer-used hashtags!
4. Best pet hashtags
Have a pretty furry friend in your life? Check these out!
5. Best tech and gadgets hashtags
Take a look at the most demanding and awesome hashtag lists below:
6. Best wedding hashtags
If you want to be a wedding influencer or boost your business, you can use our top-listed wedding hashtags.
- #indianwedding (you can add your state geotags)
7. Best fitness hashtags
Are you a fitness influencer who wants to reach the right audience? Use these most used and demanding fitness-related hashtags!
8. Best holiday hashtags
Want to expand your business’s visibility by offering sales or others during the holiday season? Check out!
9. Best Instagram contest hashtags
Want to be part of contest hashtag trends? Try these and boost your account popularity!
10. Best photography hashtags
Are you a nature lover or festival photographer? Or, plan to open your photography business? Check all trendy hashtags below:
11. Best hashtags for small business
As an entrepreneur or small business owner, you can broaden your business area by using effective IG hashtags, such as –
12. Best music hashtags
As a musician, you can categorize your posts through hashtags and make them more accessible to IG users. For example,
13. Best art hashtags
Depending on art skills, like digital, traditional, illustration, animation, or concept painting, here we’ve listed some trendy and popular ones below:
14. Best nature hashtags
Love to explore the depth of nature with its hidden beauty? Check these out and fulfill your dream!
15. Best Instagram Reels hashtags
Are you an Instagram influencer who loves to create Reels to engage with your audiences? Take note of the most popular IG hashtags for Reels.
C. How to mix and match hashtags for maximum impact
It might be tempting to resist using repeat or simply copy and paste the same hashtags on your story post. As per Instagram community guidelines, repetitive comments or content is strictly prohibited.
If you do this, like using the same hashtags or content, your account will be penalized by the Instagram algorithm. You can mix low, medium, and high-quality hashtags mix. For this, you can follow two effective ways,
- one is using hashtag stickers, and
- the other is using text and hashtags.
You can utilize these hashtag hacks to maximize your story’s or Reel’s discoverability. Remember to use relevant ones.
Tips for Using Hashtags Effectively to Gain Followers
How can you optimize niche-specific hashtags or identify top hashtags’ performance? Let’s discover hashtag tips and tricks you don’t want to miss:
A. Balancing popular and niche hashtags
When it comes to adding hashtags on Instagram posts, it’s a smart idea to categorize between popular and niche hashtags, like brand, industry, audience, and location. For branded or popular ones, consider some factors, like –
- Pay attention to audience preferences and what they like about those brands.
- Go details or utilize a more personal spin, i.e., #organicfacecare or others.
- Take advantage of the most engagement-reach hashtags.
For niche hashtags or industry ones, go through the most relevant specific market and products. For example, if you have a pastry or online women’s fashion shop, you can go through popular ones, like @everlane who use niche-based hashtags (#summeressentials, #outfitideas, etc).
Note: Don’t forget to add location hashtags if you run a local business such as #sanfranciscocoffee, etc.
B. Avoiding overused or banned hashtags
Some hashtags like #adult, #nudity, #youngmodel, and others are restricted by Instagram. Also, these types of hashtags damage your account’s popularity and brand exposure. That’s why it’s good to double-check that your selective ones are working perfectly.
For this, you can check banned hashtags through the Instagram Explore page. However, there is another restriction which is hashtag overuse. If you want to engage your audience with your creative content, pay attention to hashtag selection and reuse.
C. Optimizing hashtag placement in captions and comments
As per Instagram, you can add hashtags to both your post captions and comments section. But consider the timeliness and relevancy of posts. Also, you can schedule a first comment or caption and plan, like –
- In the caption include max. 30 hashtags.
- After posting, you can add up to 30 hashtags (first few comments).
- Include 20-30 hashtags altogether in a few captions and comments.
This is a great way to keep your audience engaged with your posts. However, don’t forget to create an aesthetic and real caption.
Note: ● Pick or add hashtags that will attract potential and quality IG followers, not a bunch of ones who’ve less interaction with your business.● Try to use your unique hashtags.
Tracking Hashtag Performance and Adjusting Your Strategy
A. Using Instagram Insights to analyze hashtag success
Once you have your IG insights, you can achieve your hashtag success instantly. So, let’s determine what metrics you need to notice below:
- Engagement – how many likes, shares, comments, and clicks does your hashtag receive?
- Reach – how many feeds or timeliness do your hashtags gain?
- Impressions – how many times has your used hashtag seen?
- Users – how many individuals or your competitors are made with this hashtag?
- Posts – how many posts are made with your using hashtags?
B. A/B testing different hashtag combinations
A/B testing is one of the most popular performance hacks among social media platforms to measure reach, likes, views, and shares. One post with a specific tone will be published at a specific time. And another will post at a different time on a different platform or time zone.
After that, the marketers or influencers measure how many interactions both posts receive. For this, you can take advantage of different factors, like-
- Post style, i.e., statistics, funny, or others.
- Length of post captions, short or long.
- Emoji, stickers, or text only.
- Image or video.
- Hashtags variety.
- CTAs (call-to-action), and others.
C. Adapting your hashtag strategy over time
Instagram hashtag strategy requires a solid foundation first. After analyzing hashtag insights and monitoring the success, you need to align your hashtag strategy.
- You can use hashtags on your Instagram posts, stories, Reels, and in your comments if you’ve created them.
- Track niche-relevant competitor post hashtags that grab more audiences’ attention.
- Focus on the caption and comments hashtags.
- Maintain consistency in posting to maintain the quality.
- Consider hashtag competition and relevancy before using them in your posts.
Get Followers on Instagram without Hashtags
Do you want to grow your Instagram account without hashtags? It’s hard, but not impossible when you use risk-free follower growth apps, i.e., INSUP and Real Followers UP+. For more details, let’s check out its features.
GetFollowerUp app comes with high-quality follower and likes growth apps. It is a trusted and reliable platform among Instagram users. If you plan to skyrocket your business without hashtags, you can try the Android or iOS rapid follower growth app, including –
iOS-based Instagram followers growth app comes with exclusive features to enrich your ecommerce business and grab more niche-based audience attention. Its popularity lies in advanced AI technologies that offer professional & 1K+ IG followers in your account.
- No risk of Instagram ban, ads-free, & bots-free.
- No privacy disclosure
- Real & authentic followers
- Eye-catchy UI interface
- 24/7 customer support is available
The app is secure from bots and easy to navigate. The Android-based app is launched by GetFollewerUp which requires zero investment to install from Google Play. With this app, you get organic likes and active IG followers instantly.
- No risk of an Instagram ban
- Real & authentic followers
- Eye-catchy & user-friendly UI & UX
- 24/7 customer support is available
Now that you’ve a clear idea about how important the right and best hashtags to get followers on Instagram.
So, be selective when choosing one for your niche market. Most importantly, don’t forget to go through hashtag hacks, consider Instagram analytics, maintain consistency, and research competitors to increase your reach.
Why are hashtags powerful?
Hashtags are used to categorize content or posts that make them more discoverable among IG users.
Are 30 hashtags good on Instagram?
As per Later, with 20 hashtags you can achieve the highest average reach rate compared to 30 hashtags. But 3-5 hashtags per post is the best practice.
Can too many hashtags hurt?
Based on your niche and audience interest, you can include business-relevant and high-quality hashtags, but not more than 30.
What are the disadvantages of hashtags?
If you use more hashtags and have too many words, it can be difficult for your potential consumer to understand the actual meaning. Also, it can lead them to other accounts with the same niche.
Do hashtags work if you add them later?
Yes, it works. You can add hashtags anytime or update them after posting.
Should I always use hashtags?
Yes, you can use relevant hashtags per post to boost your brand’s social media presence.
Do hashtags affect Instagram algorithms?
Yes, niche-friendly IG hashtags help the algorithm understand content type and ranking.
How do I know if a hashtag is working?
Type your hashtags on the Instagram search bar to check whether the hashtag is working or not. Also, you can click on each tag to see many posts include this hashtag.